View Single Post
Old 12-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #16
DRAG Boosted Si
The Grim Reaper

Re: Think the Si has some issues....

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I decided to check my plugs yesterday. I wasn't expecting a whole lot being that my car is a 2000. So I pop the wire cover off and pull the first plug....

It was black. It looked like it had been running rich. The electrode looked worn too. I pulled all the other ones. They all looked the same. Which is ok. At least all the cylinders are performing the same. No biggie. So I went and got some new plugs.

I pulled the plugs to replace them. Well I got this nifty idea to look down into the cylinder. WHOA. The top of the piston looked rusted. Spots & patches. This was the case on all cylinders. Now this had me worried. So I though maybe its carbon deposits. More likely right? Just doesn't seem right for rust to be in the cylinder.

Anyhow my point is this. What would cause this? Its fairly heavy rust/carbon. My other thought, and this scares me more, is that maybe this car had been in a flood. I say this becouse there is a bracket in the rear near the intake manifold that is rust covered. I never noticed it before. The engine bay was also very dirty. Anyhow, here's some pics I took.
The plugs..........(ignore the dirt in the background)
Judging from your car...my car looks the same in all areas u have mentioned possible problems....just normal wear and tear...the honda engines are made from the factory to run a lil rich and also thats not a new intake manifold gasket...its stock, mine looks like that too
DRAG Boosted Si is offline   Reply With Quote