View Single Post
Old 12-12-2001, 04:49 PM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I'm not the world's foremost expert on nitrous, but I have seen people burn holes in their pistons with it. I'm thinking it has something to do with your nitrous tuning- whether it be your A/F tuning or your ignition timing. I think you could be detonating. With the exception of the rusted bracket, this would explain everything you've shown us.

A carfax report will show everything that's happened in every state. So if it's not on there, don't worry about it.

If the dealership doesn't cover it under warranty (which they may not, considering the car has been modified), here's what I would do: Take the engine apart, and clean it. While removing your plugs may have shown you the problem, you have no idea what else is going on in there. This way you can clean the pistons and cylinder walls, as well as your valves.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

This car is unmodified as of yet. It was my EX that had the nitrous.

I just dropped it off. The guy said the plugs should've been changed at the 30,000 mile mark. We'll see what happens.