Thread: hooking up
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #87
biker's back

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
This I realize. He's a very very well-behaved and sweet boy. He's adorable as can be, not sure if he likes me b/c he's so quiet... jer only has him every other weekend though as the child lives in OKC on a military base with his mother and her husband. I haven't met the mother, don't plan to, don't care to. At first I didn't want to meet the child, but noticed it was REALLY bothering jer. that I wouldn't come see him or catch a baseball game or a movie, or other things when he had Taylor, so I'm slowly trying to let that go and incorporate in with all that.

My problem is-I AM a stepchild- twice over and I know that it SUX when you're trying to hang out with your dad and some girl is always around. I don't want some little kid hating me b/c I'm taking attention from his dad away from him.

well considering that why dont you talk to the little boy and maybe also explain that to jer.

A father and son does need time to themselves, but considering the lack of time the two have together I see where he is coming from. He wants the son and you to meet so there aren't any surprises.