Thread: Really?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...I gotta go with Victor on that one. People like to push people around. It's just what they do (often). I think the bigger problem is that we're still throwing money and lives into this no-win situation. That, and no one is willing to stand up and say "you know what...we screwed up". We attacked a country that did not provoke us in any way, shape, or form with the basis of our cause being an outright lie. Then we removed a man that was supposedly so wicked that it justified a multi-billion dollar manhunt to bring him. I'm not going to debate that Saddam was a bad guy, but let's face it...Iraq was much better off before he was gone. Dictatorships are pretty much all those people know and democracy won't work for them. Period. So now that we've killed over 150,000 civilians (not counting "insurgents") and not done what we said we'd do, it's time to dump even more money and man power into this? We're also going to have to deal with a whole new generation of fucked up (mentally and physically) veterans that didn't need to end up that way. I know a friend of mine just got home and is seperated from the Army and he's not the same guy anymore. This is AFTER his whole PTSD stuff in Germany. This country is swirling the fucking drain.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote