View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #28
thermal
Banning Machine

Update:

Fucking RLZ Engineering is starting to piss me off. I hope they find their way here and see this post.

Here's the story:
Early October, I decided to jump in an unbeatable deal that my buddy offered me through RLZ Engineering. This will be a complete sleeving of my JDM B18C ITR block (Darton 84mm) and bore/hone to the specs of a set of Wiseco flat dish pistons with a target of 9.5:1 to 9.8-1 compression. They were supposed to provide those services and parts shipped for a total of $1440. It's a very decent deal.

Reason to be pissed off number 1:
After my friend dropped off my block to them, I wrote and sent a check for the amount I mentioned, dated Oct 9 2004. With the check, I also included contact information in case problems arise. The note also contained the "deal" the I was going for including specs..... 84mm Darton sleeves, 9.5:1 or 9.8:1 flat dish turbo pistons, etc.... They said that they have to wait for the check to clear before they start the work on my motor. 3 weeks later the check was still not cleared. I started getting worried because I wasnt comfortable having that much money hung up in my account plus the thought of a possible lost mail is getting to me. It finally cleared 4 weeks after I sent it. So the work really didnt start until 4 weeks after I sent the money....whatever...

Reason to be pissed off number 2:
I was originally told that the turn around day was 2-3 weeks since I was going through a friend who knows them. It didnt happen as you can see since they held my check for about 4 weeks. I got over that issue tho since I was out to sea for 6 weeks anyway. I figure that the block would be ready when I get back.... I was wrong. It took another 3 weeks .

Reason to be pissed off number 3:
So my block reached Va Beach, but not my house. It went to my buddy's shop. I was fine with that. i told my buddy to go ahead open the box. The block was fine, however the pistons were rated 8.1:1 and dished like a mutha'. My buddy said that he will contact RLZ and figure out WTF?

Reason to be pissed off number 4:
RLZ gave my buddy a run around and finally they said that Wiseco does not sell the pistons I asked for. However they can custom make one with the specs I wanted. For an additonal $300, RLZ will take care of it. I was pissed the fuk off!

The whole time my buddy who originally made this deal with me has been talking to them. I havent even talked to anybody over there yet. This buddy of mine is a very reputable guy on this scene. He has been trying to handle everything but RLZ is not cooperating. I'm really about to jump into this whole fuk up.

Now all I'm asking for is my money back on the amount I paid for the pistons and the honing service that has nothing to do with the pistons specs that I wanted. They know for a fact that I didnt asked for those 8.1:1 pistons, since the invoice shows it. However they are still not cooperating.

So sorry for the long post. Sorry no pictures yet. i just had to rant about these issues.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote