Thread: D series Power
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 11:29 AM   #16
Honda_Tengoku

absolutely. How fast do u think that 283 horsepower D series will run on slicks?? Remember it does make 232 foot pounds of torque, but @ 6,000 RPM!!!! I know a stock H22A1 (190 HP version) in a hatch back runs 13.4's bone stock on slicks. I/H/E, dyno tuned with VAFC it runs low to mid 12's. I dont think this little D will break 12's. I would think low 13's maybe 12's if he is lucky. I can do all this for about 5,000 dollars or less including the price of the engine. I think that turbo D with the build up, the turbo kit, and the exhaust and everything that it took is way over that. I know someone who had a 2000 Civic Si (B16), ported heads, Spearco intercooler, Greddy turbo kit set @ 7 pounds, Apexi exhaust, Apexi VAFC, test pipe, on slicks ran a best of 13.4's. He spent a ton of money on this car and it wasnt that fast. Atleast to me it wasnt.

Ohh yeah BTW H22 ECU's are prolly the most poorly tuned ECUs that honda has (atleast that I am aware of). A friend of mine (yes the same guy who had a turbo Lude, his name is Mark BTW) knew someone who had a 98 Prelude Type S. This guy had the normal I/H/E. He also had cam gears and an Apexi VAFC. Aparantly this guy had his Lude tuned on the Dyno. Between the cam gears and VAFC he gained 22 WHP!!!!! Pretty incredible if u ask me (just a little dyno info for all u dyno graph lovers).