View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #21
spoogenet

Well as it turns out I'm not in the market for a new car. They're fixing my car rather than totalling it out, but I'll put my comments for future reference.

I found out the R32 is out now. Pretty sweet. But $32k for a pill? I'm not so sure it's worth it.

The STi is around the same price and a lot more car for the money. I took out a WRX and that car is just a blast to drive. I'd rather have an STi though. Since I'm not looking to buy right now, then maybe I can afford one when I do buy.

I didn't put the is300 on namely for cost reasons. I certainly wouldn't say the car is underpowered, it's comparable to the 330 and A4. However I'm not a big fan of the 'i' part of VVT-i, nor was I impressed with their (possibly fixed by now) handbrake design flaw. It's a very nice car, I've spent many hours driving one, and I'd really like one....but it fails the $25k test and I'm not a huge fan of used cars like that.

The Mazda 3 is impressive in the number of features it offers for its class. HID, navigation, TPMS all under $22k is impressive for the class of car. The tranny was smooth as butter but the car is definitely underpowered, just like most 4-bangers. It looked better in pics than it did in person and I must say I'm not too fond of the looks after seeing it in person. Also they mounted the shift lever way too far back, it was more like digging into the console to shift rather than a normal placement, that alone would keep me from buying it.

b