View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 02:12 AM   #74
ricerX

From time to time I have dreams like that. That was probably my most extreme experience, but this one is a close second.

A couple years ago while I was in college I was living with a couple friends off campus. I had a dream...the scenario played out like this...I was walking down a brightly lit hallway with handicapped rails like you see in the bathroom stalls down both sides. I don't know how long the hallway was, but it seemed like I was walking forever. When I reached the end there was a door, so I went in. Apparently I was in a hospital and had just entered a room. My great grandmother lay in the bed perfectly still. On her right side was my grandmother and mom, to her left was my grandfather. I tried to say something, and as soon as I did, great-grandma's eyes opened, she sat straight up in bed, and said "Aren't you going to come see me before I die?" I woke up and pretty much started packing to come home. When I was about ready I woke up one of my roommates and told him what was going on, about the dream, and that I was leaving to come home. He told me that he didn't want me going alone (he thought I'd lost it), but he wanted me to call home to see if anything was going on. I called the folks and they weren't home, so I called my grandparents and they had just gotten the call that the nursing home sent great grandma to the hospital in an ambulance. We jumped in the stang and headed for KC. Got here about 2 hours later and went to see great grandma. I told my roommate about the dream's details including where everyone would be in the room, etc. When we went in, it was just as it had been in my dream. I went to her side to say hello, and she said I knew you'd make it. She passed away the next morning.

Bizarre, eh?