View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 02:31 AM   #64
ricerX

Wow, this is a great (and old) thread. Makes this overnight shift in a dark building all by myself a little creepy though. At any rate, here's one of my weird experiences...

Two weeks before my 10th birthday, I started having nightmares. I would wake up in the middle of the night so scared that I couldn't even scream. I kept dreaming that I was sitting in my bed and everything around me was on fire. This went on for about 2 weeks and my mother took me to the doctor thinking something was wrong with me, and also I think to get the doc to give me something so I could sleep. Nothing seemed to help. During the third week, it started to sink in for me. I started telling my mom that the house was going to burn down. She told me not to say anything to anyone else. (didn't want anyone to think I was crazy I guess) Time passed, and I think I got a little more paranoid each day I didn't sleep. Then one day my grandma showed up at school during my lunch time. She told me to get my stuff, that we were leaving. I told her that I knew the house burned down (she had no knowledge of the dreams) and that I wanted to finish my lunch. I may as well have twisted my head around and vomited pea soup because she freaked out. When we got to grandma's house, mom and dad were there, and dad took me to see what was left of the house. The fire had completely surrounded my room. All of my walls were charred, my closet was gutted. The fire started in the laundry room which was right behind my closet, and took out most of the interior of the house. My bed was untouched.