View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 03:55 PM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Since you appear to know about fluid flow, answer me this:

Would the shape/size/length of the pipe matter? I ask in reference to the concept of air swirling (for lack of a more term). I would suspect that if you can get a fluid to flow through a pipe in a swirling motion (whirlpool), it will flow through the pipe faster than if it is in a linear fashion. Not that air will ever really flow in a true linear motion, but on with the show. The shape/size/length of the pipe will affect the fluid motion through the pipe, I guess that answers my first question in its simplest form. So what I really want to know is: would a whirlpool effect actually increase the volume of fluid through the pipe and would the shape/size/length of the pipe cause a whirlpool to occur in the fluid?

If my suspicions are correct, simply slapping a few inches of piping onto the throttle body wouldn't necessarily increase the volume of air transferred, and could in fact reduce it over stock or another aftermarket intake.

That should cover it for now.

b

that should be the idea behind the tornado fuel saver. If u plan on putting one just make sure you weld it before it gets sucked in the TB, and have all the mechanics laugh their asses of at you.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote