View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 08:22 PM   #14
Operatic

the governor? new clue, sorry man.

Okay, a lot of people recommand that when you get a turbo or a supercharger that you get lower compression pistons. But you know what, i say screw that. heres my reasoning. but remember, this is mine.

The lower compression pistons help make it so your car doesn't blow up. Cause of to much air being forced into your pistons, and the spark is done to quickly and your car catches on fire. BUT HEAR ME OUT! your car gets slower when you run lower compression pistons.

Lower Compression, more PSI - to go fast
Higher Compression, less PSI - to go fast

now, thats just me. If you really want to be safe, just go for lower compression pistons. but if your getting a supercharger, its very very very wisely recommanded that you get lower compression pistons. since you can't exactly change how much power is being made by those bad boys.

Also, an intercooler helps the car. Cause for turbos, the air is coming from the exaust pipeing, so that means its gonna be hot, and the intercooler helps cool the air down before it goes back through the turbo. also cold air is better for the pistons. thank you howstuffworks.com =P you don't exactly need an intercooler, but they do help, a lot.

i think that answered all the questions.