View Single Post
Old 09-28-2001, 08:05 PM   #12
T.O.tegs

Quote:
Originally posted by eastcoastdelsol
wow!!! rod to stroke ratio I think we got a smart one here!!! hehe.. bout time someone knows what i mean when i say that! lol- everyone is always liek whats so important about 1.75? lol

thanks

A lot of people are interrested in building up ls/vtecs and cr/vtecs but the build up is not cheap and I'd hate to see all that$$$ go to waist because some one didn't research the project before hand....the Z10 block girdles help a great deal and make revving to 8000+ reliable(not to mention that with a frankenstien, you will be making power to 8000 rpm and beyond...depending on the cams used and so on)...so the Z10 girdle is worth getting.

I actually just checked the web site again and they now offer block girdles for the B16s as well....since the B16s have an almost perfect r/s ratio they do not come with block girdles but if some one where to stroke a B16 then they would loose that "almost perfect" r/s ratio...I believe 1.74:1. In this case the stroked B16 will benefit from the block girdle to help absorb vibration and stress @ high rpms...

didn't mean to write an essay but this is an interresting topic!