View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 02:34 AM   #12
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Alright kids, simma down. No need to beat a dead horse. Gear down, big shifter. In short, let it go.

Actually, I wrote that article- thanks for pointing it out. Makes me feel important. Anyways, with a fully built bottom end and a good valvetrain, I personally wouldn't rev it past 8K. You'll hear stories and people will tell you that they rev theirs to 8500 or 9K, but their engines won't last like that.

Think about it. Remember what horsepower is? Torque multiplied by RPM. Comparably built, a B18C block will rev 15-20% higher than a B18A/B block, just by virtue of the better rod ratio. Now do you truly think you'll get 15-20% more torque out of 37cc?

Now remember about aggressive camshafts. Jun Stage 2 and Toda Spec B cams usually crossover at around 7K-7500 RPM. On an LS/VTEC with an aggressive redline, that leaves all of 1000-1500 RPM of the powerband with which to make use of the VTEC lobe. Not much use, is it?

I'm not going to regurgitate everything you've already read, I'm just saying if it were me...
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote