Thread: my first race.
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
ef9civic

Quote:
Originally posted by denzien
Hey, you don't have to agree with me, I was commenting on when you said:
"but I caught back up to his rear bumper and then we were there for awhile and then he pulled away with about a 4 car length lead"

How do you suppose he did that? Sounds like he downshifted and floored it.

I'm not saying your car is slow, especially considering it's 2k lbs running a turbo 2.0L that is pushing what....250hp? It sounds like you're doing it right, and I know it wasn't a serious race. It's also good to set your goals based on a faster car and not do what the morons around here do - get a stock import (used), slap on a funky sounding exhaust and aluminum wing and think it's really fast because they drive faster than traffic.

So keep it up.

cool. I took it the wrong way sorry about that, but hey his car is automatic and if actually shifted into the next gear and pulled about 3 or 4 on me then I shifted and we stayed there. It was a serious race because he told me he gave it all it had so I was really happy to hear that. I have a dyno chart stating 225whp. Yea I like to set up races with badass cars because I wanna know where I am according to it. I just raced a stage 3 supercharged gtp last nite so check out that post as well bro. thanks for the comments