View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 09:40 AM   #7
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Swaybar Info for 6th gen civics

Heres a list of Swaybars that I looked at when I was going to get mine.

Suspension Techniques: Requires drilling and may want to get some custom made piece to fit on the subframe for some added strength. I think this one was a 19mm bar. I didnt like the way it mounted at all.

Nuespeed: Very decent bar. Mounting hardware probably a little better then the Skunk2 (maybe) Nuespeed makes great products, but you pay for them. This is a 19mm bar.

Type R: Not a bad bar if you dont mind pieceing it together from honda. Requires drilling and some reinforcements pieces made for the installation. You will also need SI endlinks from honda as well. I almost went this way, but I figured Id miss a part or 2 that I needed. This is a 22mm bar.

Progress Tech: I didnt look into progressive to much. So I cant really tell you much about them. It is a 22mm bar also.

Skunk2: This is the bar I went with. It came with everything needed to install. Bolted right up. Came with frame reinforcement plates. I only paid $153 shipped. Its a 21mm swaybar.

SI Swaybar: I looked at this bar but it was a little to small for my taste. You will probably still have a good amount of understeer on a EX since it has a 22mm front swaybar stock. Youll have to get all the pieces from honda but everything will bolt up to a 6th Gen civic. This bar is 13mm.

There are other bars out there too. But these were the main ones I looked a little at.