View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_RedLine
Why buy snow tires? just drive safe in the winter. just because you got snow tires it doesnt mean the tires will allow you to drift in the rain.

To reiderate what Pat said...let those of us who live in places where it actually snows worry about snow tires. I've got "all-weather" tires on my truck (all weather my ass) and I drive like a grandma in the snow. Yet about 2 years ago I managed to spin out taking a gentle turn at between 5-10mph. Hit the curb of a median and was lucky enough to only have some curb rash on 2 wheels. Driving careful doesn't always work. Sometimes you need better tires...or just do whatever you can to keep safe in the snow. Now...if he had asked advice on what to do in an earthquake, your response *might* have been valid.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote