View Single Post
Old 12-19-2001, 06:49 AM   #13
!_wide_teg

why not turbo the motor??...1600 is plenty for a used greddy kit with intercooler and bov.you might only be able to boost no more tehn 5psi on stock motor(i think..not sure )but that is enough to get you going over any i/h/e civic ex..??im not sure if itw ould void warranty or not and dont know much about the warranty thing but i have seen plenty of greddy kits complete for a good price...i actually picked up a complete greddy kit with intercooler.bov..turbo timer..boost gauge..air fuel gauge..and an act clutch for 1450 shipped...all items were used but was still in great condition and did make a drastic change in power in my civic hatch..you might not find a deal like that often but it does come around if you jsut give it a little time..i think the sohc motor has much potential and a swap is not needed unless you are looking for 10s and 11s..just my opinion..also ive spent about 2500 on my sohc vtec motor..turbo and a few lil parts and i have beaten numerous gsr with i/h/e..a few civic hb with gsr and ls swaps...oh yea sups all im new on in here