View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
silver

Re: H22 swap question!

Quote:
Originally posted by 91AccordLX
Hello everyone,
I was checking the possibilities of swapping an H22 engine into my 91 Accord LX, when today I found a local junkyard that has a 97 USDM H22 engine with only 20k!! miles for $1700, did I mention it only has 20k miles!?... but the only thing is that it's for engine only. No transmission, etc. They said it was a long block, aren't all H22s long blocks? or are there different types?
Anyway, I wanted to know which other parts would be needed to put the engine in? IE: which OBD/ECU, sensors (assuming they're bad/broken),etc, and if I can use the Accord parts like for sensors and mounts or will I need new ones? and how much would those parts cost. I know this is a really good price for an H22, especially a 97 USDM and with only 20k miles.. so I'm really anxious to know how much else I would have to spend to get this engine only working. I know all this has been answered in all the other posts, but I need a quick, concise answer as soon as possible so I'll know if I should go buy the engine before it's gone. Thanks!

first off i can get an h22 w/tranny around that price. You will need to buy mounts. You will need to buy a tranny. Is the wiring harness cut? I say you forget it and get one that has everything ready so you aren't buying every individual part to put it together.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote