View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #10
nonovurbizniz

just some extra info and modifications to yours....

A. YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER use compressed or even leaf blower air to dry your car... there is dust and sand in the air that WILL scratch you just cleaned car.

B. If you use sprinkle conrstartch on the wax while it's drying and rub it off normal it comes out much cleaner and usually gets rid of light swirl marks...

C. To dry the car... take a full size person towel... lay it flat on the hood so part hangs off the bumper... drag it slowly across the whole car from front to back... do this on each side of the hood and up the middle going from the front bumper up the windshield over the roof down the back window and off the trunk... also do the sides with the WHOLE surface of the towel in contact with the body of the car... It is VERY important to pull the towel off smoothly... this will remove 80% of the water on your car... repeat with a dry towel or wring the original one out... then just wipe down problem areas like under hood under trunk door jams and side view mirrors... This GREATLY reduces drying time... and does not damage your paint like forced air. You'd be AMAZED how quickly it picks up the water.

Also I find keeping a thin but rigid piece of cardboard handy is great for keeping the wax off where it shouldn't be like trim and whatnot.

Also for a much quicker version of this (but not as good) just use mequire's 3 step paint system.. it's a cleaner polish and wax combo... it restores moderately damaged paint just fine... for the big stuff your going to have to use clay or compound.