View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 05:17 AM   #29
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
i can't believe you all are actually excited about this thing.

Hahaha!

Let's be realistic...

My brother (one of them) owns a VW shop. He races VW rails and all that sh!t - pretends he doesn't know anything about 'domestics', yada, yada, yada...

Another brother builds custom homes for a living, and decided to drag-race a '68 Chevelle 454. He partnered with another guy, and they took turns driving - alternating being the 'pit crew' one week and the 'race car driver' the next, before they finally figured out that didn't work. He ended up going Mopar, with a 570 C.I. '440' - an 8-sec. car - whatever...

Then, there's me - the Honda CiViC idiot. To me weight is everything. For instance, I was into 'sand rails' at one time. Anything over 600 lbs. is a loser, on the sand, et cetera. This attitude followed over to the street...

The thing I liked about CiViC's was their weight, or lack thereof. To hell with the power. Run 'em like you stole 'em, and all that. But, Honda decided to make a pig out of them in 2001. So, screw Honda CiViC's! I figured when my car wears out (110,000 miles now) I'll go looking for something else. That all changed when I read about the Honda Fit/Jazz!

I go on record as being the first person in the world to call the American version the 'Honda Fizz' (Fit/Jazz)...

I'll buy the first one I find, in 2005/2006...

If I make a ($11,000) mistake, buying the best selling car in Japan - the last two years running - that's the way it goes. But, every indication is this will be 'THE' next hot import to hit our shores. Honda is selling these 'urban' racers, all over the world, and the USA is next to get them. Personally, I can't wait...

Does that make me excited? Sure! If you guys wanna stick it out with your "69 Chevelles", have fun! I'll be glad to show you my tail lights However, the point is, CiViC's are a thing of the past...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote