Thread: 2001 Civic LX
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
Lee

In the morning it will run beautiful. When I'm on lunch or when I get out of work it will run normal for about 15minutes idle time or about 30 miles driving. I say idle because I have let it sit there untill it starts to sound funky (like and old carbureted engine that has a very low idle) and the check engine light comes on. I failed to mention the check engine light earlier. I'm i'm on the freeway it will be running normal, then all of a sudden the check engine light will come on and the problem starts. The engine will bog down and not have very much power. My top speed during this will be 30 with the ac on and about 36 with it off. If I pull over and pop the hood to let it cool about 10 minutes the start it and run it , it will do fine for 15minutes idle or 30 miles driving like i said. When it does it again I let it cool and it does the same thing . I went the cheap route and had it tested at autozone with their code reader because they could only test it when the check engine light on.The check engine light never comes on, except for when this problem is fixing to happen seconds later. The guy told me it was a malfunction with the crank and/or cam position sensor. So I decided to pay $60 at a place called precision tune (something like that not sure) and they told me the same thing. During all this time, it doesnt overheat. and it doesnt stall. it just loses power like i'm towing a mobile home with an ATV. I dont know how else to describe it. It did it to me today on the way home from work. And on the way to the movie theater around 7. I just got home a few minutes ago and it drove beautiful with out any problems. I know for sure it has something to do with something getting hot and malfunctioning but i just dont know what and i cant afford to be buying parts and not have the problem fixed. If ya need more information about the situation just ask , i'll do my best.

ROY
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote