View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 06:04 PM   #38
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
It seems i have to repeat myself. Nobody is considering the reliability/streetability/functionality issue here.

A Bseries that makes 300whp is gonna be more reliable than a D that makes 300hp. The D is working harder to make the same ammount of power.

Granted, 300 hp is still 300 hp, but when the D has a turbo setup that doesnt hit full boost till 4800rpms and low compression, it wont perform as well as a B16 with a smaller turbo/higher compression setup that makes the same amount of power.

In this case, the B will be a better street car and it could easily be tuned to beat the D at the track (i.e. it would be easier to get more than 300hp).

If the setups yeild the same final power, the car with the B will still be a better car.

Oh ya, and since you can make more power overall with a B, you can also have a system and any other rice you want on ur car.

your making a bunch of assumptions, like why do you assume you have to go to a low compression with a dseries motor? why do you assume boost wont come on until 4800? why do you assume one engine is "working harder" than another? why do you assume that if you turbocharge a dseries engine its not streetable?

and i did bring up reliability in my first post.

also if 2 civics are at the track making exactly 300hp(one a d other a b); ones gonna have money left over in thier over all budget(they gotta be the same right?) for about 3 grand worth of suspension/tires/drivetrain/valvetrain/nitrous/resleeving etc, not all them obviously.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote