View Single Post
Old 11-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #66
spoogenet

Thank you, thank you very much.

I have found over the last few years that girls in their low to mid 20's just don't cut it for me. I haven't met any who have really made me believe that they're mature enough. Women, on the other hand, are. Unfortunately not many girls mature to women until a little older than I'm looking for at the moment.....no, wait, I'm not even looking for a woman right now.

My parents raised me in a similar manner, although I only had to consult the "big dic" sometimes (and the dic is rather large, almost 12" deep), other times they would flat out tell me but with an explanation and putting the word in context. My mother never used baby talk with either of her two children, rather than a bunch of owies we got cuts, scrapes, burns, punctures, etc. She felt as though children should learn the proper terms the first time rather than having to relearn "adult talk" versus baby talk. I give my parents much credit for their hard work over the years.

If you want someone to act like an adult, treat them like one. Sometimes you'd be surprised how unruly and immature kids can suddenly become adults when treated accordingly. If, after treating someone like an adult they fail to act like one, then treat them in an appropriate manner.

b