View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #12
Honda530

You are going to get some gains from a catback exhaust and you dont ahve to have F.I. to see some. I have heard from many people I know like the 5zigen catback system. When you get bolt on mods like catback exhaust if thatas the only mod you have then you wont see its full potential until you get an exhaust header and an intake. With more air going out your exhaust you need more air going in right?? Well with an aftermarket intake thats what it does sucks more air in. Yeah its not a significant amount as compared to a turbo or supercharger, but its still more air. JUst make sure when you get your exhaust you dont go biggger than 2 and 1/4 inch piping on a civic with the 1.6 like I think you have even the 2" would be sufficient. I have 2 and 1/4 in on my accord and I love it. PLus if you get just a muffler the sound is gonna be kind of nasty cause all your doing is making your exhaust louder. With the new piping from the cat to the muffler it also changes the tone fo the exhaust. So go for the 5zigen its a nice exhuast.