View Single Post
Old 09-27-2001, 05:35 PM   #33
AcuraBro

Sure Josh...

That's all Gravy Josh, but another big detail you have overlooked, is that 90% of all sportriders don't care if their car lasts until 300,000mi, but whether it goes fast or not. I personally know that my motor's fate is sooner than later, and I'll probably build another LS/VTEC to replace it. Why? Becuase I can get an entire B18A1 for around $300. GS-R Block? At least, AT LEAST twice that. Why not get the extra 2.whatevermm of stroke while I can? But it's good to see that you've been doing your homework. And another thing, if Honda would have inteded that all of our cars be little hot rods, then they would have made them that way. But they didn't.

Oh, and don't forget that Geeser and B16 blocks have oil sprayers for the bottom of the pistons, whereas the LS doesn't. I rev mine up to 8000rpm when necessay, ad it's fine. The key is also driving hard only when you have to.

Sure, this motor is a pain in the arse, I have to fill on 101 octane to satisfy the ping of my CTR pistons in that block, the reason the CR is so high? Longer stroke. in a B16A block, I would have10.8:1 CR, becuase of the short stroke, but with longer stroke, I can acheive a higher CR without getting a rediculously domed piston, and worrying about piston/valve slap.

Anyways, that's all I can pull outta my ass for now, but you do have some solid points.

--Chris