View Single Post
Old 03-03-2002, 10:22 AM   #39
Gsr-T

wow, josh i truly admire your effort and knowledge on honda cars, and BDC has proven some very valueable info on the dyno charts. but i think one thing that was overlooked was the fact that Tweaking these cars and squeeze every ounce of performance out of these engines was what started this whole HONDA scene. dont get me wrong i agree with you as far as the r/s ratio and high reving rpm is what give these honda engines the torque and horse power in theory, but dont you think with the proper bottom end build up ls\vtec is not that bad for the streets? i believe that with the proper rods and pistons even the crank ls/vtec can do just as well on the street versus a gsr bottom, i own an 99 gsr and i just purchased an 94 rs and i am looking into ls/vtec for the rs, and along with an turbo charger kit, with all these aftermarket companies out there making parts for these engines i am sure with the corrrect rods and pistons an ls/vtec can pull high torque and horsepower just like all the other out there whose done all the math and figureing out the correct geometry for the motor, keep in mind that tweaking these motors is what started this whole thing. and a high performance street car is whats out there on the streets ripping up the pavement. EXCESSIVE high rpm=a blown motor on the side of the street. i personally just wont rev these engines pass 8500 rpm, even with and reprogramed ecu, this is just my thought and i am not here to take sides on whose right or wrong but to learn on what i dont know about these honda motors. you and BDC's info on the ls/vtec had help me alot. i really like this site with all the info from everyone, thanks
sorry for this long post on my first time to this forum........