View Single Post
Old 09-14-2001, 06:43 PM   #18
BlackDeuceCoupe
The Great Ape

Look, I'm not going to beat-up on a fellow mod, unless he starts it first. I help my friends and hurt my enemies. I just happen to like LS/VTEC hybrids and he doesn't. No big deal! No reason to take sides! He spoke his piece V well, and I countered with my views. That's all...

That Ferrari was NOT a kit car. I'll have to explain this later. We have thunderstorms rolling into our area and I need to take our LAN down...

When a guy buys a $150,000 car, he doesn't do bolt-ons and other mods, except for a Borla exhaust or such... That Ferrari was the real thing and probably stock.

I'll offer proof of this later, if you think I'm a liar. I'm probably one of the few ppl on the Internet that took the time to track down the TRUE story behind this incredible video, the CiViC's owner and what mods had been done to it. Here's the motor:
  • B18B block
  • Custom Crower Maxi-Lite connecting rods
  • USDM ITR pistons
  • B16A head with mild porting
  • ITR valvetrain [springs, valves, lost motion assemblies]
  • Crower Ti retainers
  • stock B16A cams
  • Akimoto intake
  • JG 64 mm throttle body
  • ITR intake manifold
  • JDM 98 4-1 exhaust manifold
  • Z.Speed 60 mm stainless exhaust
  • B&M adjustable FPR
  • RC Engineering 310 cc injectors
  • Crane ignition
A stock F355 will do a 13.2 quarter. The VS/VTEC was probably a high 12'er. He got the jump on the Ferrari and held it.

Click here for more info on F355 Ferrari's...

Everything will look either good or bad on paper, depending on how effective the author is. In REAL life, however, LS/VTEC's are a truely brutal and effective combination, and they are relatively cheap to build. That's why they exist - not because of rod angle...
DISCLAIMER The existence of BDC is disputable. The existence of views, in the absence
of anyone to hold them is problematic. The existence of the reader is left as an exercise
in the second order coefficient.

Last edited by BlackDeuceCoupe : 09-14-2001 at 06:50 PM.
BlackDeuceCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote