View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 07:58 PM   #50
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Actually you are wrong . . it has 180 horse.

I did a little reaserch and the Celica GTS is superior to the SI in almost every area except price.

Link 1
Curb Weight of GTS = 2500lbs for manual transmission. Almost as much as my car . . . .

6spd Manual Tranny, 180hp/130lbs . . .

Clicky

Link 2
Curb Weight of SI = 2782lbs

5spd manual tranny, 160hp/132lbs . . .
Clicky

Now, this TRUE information i have just posted shows that the Celica GTS has 180 horsepower, a 6speed transmission, and weighs LESS THAN a 04 Civic SI.

Now, if this car WEIGHS less than your car, Has MORE POWER than your car, and has SHORTER GEARING than your car, how is it slow??????

BTW, it may also entertain you to realize that the GTS gets better gas milage than your car does . . . .oh, and it looks better.

Well, Given that this car is superior to my car then one could also conclude that its also superior to yours, gets better gas mileage, and doesnt look like a an almost 11 year old Civic EX. Based on numbers you can make any number of assumptions you want. Number dont prove shit. When you have personally raced and beat more than one then you can say that yes your car is faster than said car. Seeing as how I have done this (4 times now) I can say without a doubt in my mind that yes these cars are slower than mine regardless of what the bullshit from the manufacturer states.

Also, after looking at your "research" you did I noticed that you failed to even quote any 0-60 times an 1/4 times. Based on the numbers yea it looks superior but how do you explain my turning around and raping the IS300 that has almost 60 more hp than me?
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao