View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #48
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
you are wrong.... That 170 is in the gt-s(top of the line). And they are still slow

Actually you are wrong . . it has 180 horse.

I did a little reaserch and the Celica GTS is superior to the SI in almost every area except price.

Link 1
Curb Weight of GTS = 2500lbs for manual transmission. Almost as much as my car . . . .

6spd Manual Tranny, 180hp/130lbs . . .

Clicky

Link 2
Curb Weight of SI = 2782lbs

5spd manual tranny, 160hp/132lbs . . .
Clicky

Now, this TRUE information i have just posted shows that the Celica GTS has 180 horsepower, a 6speed transmission, and weighs LESS THAN a 04 Civic SI.

Now, if this car WEIGHS less than your car, Has MORE POWER than your car, and has SHORTER GEARING than your car, how is it slow??????

BTW, it may also entertain you to realize that the GTS gets better gas milage than your car does . . . .oh, and it looks better.

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
i hate to be a wet blanket, but power does not equal fast. Especially when the levels are so close. There's other factors going into that like weight, powerband, gear ratios, suspensions design, etc. Simply because 2 cars make the same power doesn't mean they'll run anything like each other.

GT, i think the info from the manufacturers website suggests the GTS will outperform the SI and be about even with the RSX . . . .