View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well I really can't speak to what an Israeli minister may or may not have saidm can I? Chances are he told her to go there and spread some goodwill. Chances are equally good he didn't. There's also a chance that he told her to do what she claims and only renigged the offer when it became some bullshit political hotbutton.

I'm not saying that old laws shouldn't be enforced...so long as they're applicable today. Laws against things like sodomy are being overturned left and right. There are laws stating ridiculous things like it's illegal to carry a duck across the road on the 3rd Monday of a month in some places. All I'm saying is that it's wrong to dig up some old ass law to try and hurt someone who's trying to do something good. And yes, talking things out with Syria before we go to war with them is a good thing.

And Chris...fuck foreign policy. What the hell has the current foreign policy gotten us? A war we can't win and a president who refuses to admit he was wrong while a huge amount of the world hates us and our men and women who continue to die for some asshole's misguided sense of the world. What's even more amusing (or shameful...I can't decide) is that there are people in this country who have never left this country that hold fast to the idea that it's the greatest country on earth. I'm not saying it isn't (I'll imply it, but I'm not saying it) but how the fuck can you know if you've never been anywhere else? And let's face one more fact...this country hates muslims. Plain and simple. If Pelosi had gone to Caracas and talked to Chavez, this wouldn't even be an issue even though he hates us as much as anyone. Face it, it's a political hotbutton that doesn't mean anything to anyone other than Bush who arguably has a smaller penis than Pelosi. This is a non-issue issue. Nobody's going to get hurt and nothing is being harmed. Go back to caring about things that actually matter rather than focusing your attention on some 18th century law that has virtually no application today.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote