View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 09:46 AM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra221
Umm you may be able to get the motor for about 3200. But thats without shipping. So you say 3400 with shipping pluse exhaust manifold thats about 3800. Now you have to consider that he has a D series motor and your putting a b series in it.
Mounts 450
Shift Linkage 100
Wiring 100
Labor 800

so your actually looking at about 5000

hrm... someones nailing you on prices big time, you need to do more research before posting prices up
http://www.jdmclub.com/pricing.html# $2950 for a obd1 b18c SHIPPED with ecu and for $300 more, you get a LSD already in the tranny, do a little custom wiring harness work, convert it to OBD1 with easy which will be better in the long run, or buy the skunk2 kit and sell the ecu the engine has with it on ebay for almost the price you got the skunk2 for, shift linkage dosnt bolt up? has on every d-serise swap ive done. wringing? 100 bucks=rapage, theres like 2 wires you need to add, labor=800???!?! pick up a engine lift some beer and a few friends, its a 8 hours job max. b18c1 turbo manifold = 450 for a GOOD one. final cost 4000 or so with the turbo installed. if i was in the that situation, i wouldnt even give it a second thought, IMO type-r engines=OVERRATED and a complete waist if your going FI. you can even re-sell your turbo manifold and make some money back

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote