View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 03:10 PM   #65
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by cougarsvt
Ok.....i have no clue how your Honda works my friend but giving a nozzel for fuel is NOT giving your motor more gas. I own a Ford and im almost sure 90% of other cars work the same way. Let me explain...ALL newer cars have fuel injectors and they are NOT mechanical...hince add all the fuel you want and only the amount that your PCM is programmed to tell your injectors to pulse is the amount that will be delivered to the motor. Thats why putting a fuel regulator on your car will not do crap without larger injectors. And even at that you must either chip your car or reprogram your Maf.

Adding a FPR will increase the fuel flow. It doesn't affect the pulse length but it does affect the amount of fuel going into the cylinders.
Hondas don't use MAFs like most domestics(and some imports). The only time we need to adjust and ECU settings is when we get up above 320cc(maybe 330) injectors.
Quote:
LOL...ok if your that hard up call Ford ...sheesh. Your PCM nor Maf will recognize the Nitrous....period!! Why do you think we have Mafs and PCM's...to control what happens to your motor. You can not physically change this unless you chip or FMU. Or your some freak show performance man that can talk your PCM into doing something different.

By the way double sided chips have to be physically removed then turned around and reinstalled.

Don't have an MAF. So this doesn't apply.
Quote:
Ok....like argueing with some 16 year old no-alls here. Last thing said....injectors are told to pulse a certain amount of time....they are NOT mechanical(like your saying they are)! End of story, let me know when you find this out down the raod when you blow motors because you stuck 8psi to your Honda motor but did nothing but put a fuel regulator on "thinking somehow" you can get that injector to pulse or in laymans terms "spray" more gas to compusate for boost. Better go tell Venom they dont need to make larger injectors because you have figured out how to get a stock injector to pulse 200cc's more by regulating the fuel pressure Im done here.

Oh i thought NX did not make a dry system for our car?

Yep..why believe a performance shop....sheesh what was i thinking!

The need for larger injectors comes up when you are overloading your stock ones. The stock injectors will only flow so much fuel between pulses. Once you exceed that amount(by raising the fuel pressure), you need to upgrade.
I actually wasn't aware that NX made any dry kits. Then again I could be wrong.
And it really depends on the performance shop that does the work. Some can be shady and not have a clue.