Thread: short shifter
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #35
drdingo21

sorry, i never though about pics....but i did get it installed and it is nice. I move a total of 1 ince and a 1/4 from first to second and 1 ince from 3rd to 4th. I kinda like the no bend. The Bushing feel nice. The only problem i had is my old generic short throw was smaller than stock so when i tightened the bold to it, i bent the fork in. So when i installed this one i had to bend the fork out.

sohc_vtec 2NR It really is easy, you only need two sockets and an extension with the wrench and a box wrench. The hardest part is working the extension up there to get the bolt off. If you do get the b&m it comes with great instrustions and labels every part for you so you know what they are talking about. There are a total of 4 bolts to remove and the the shifter drops down out of the car. After that there are two bolts that you remove to pull shifter from the Change Extension ( the long rod that holds the shifter). After that you take the ball seat ( a little rubber thing that the ball of the shifter sits in) And clean it out and relube it with the grease they send you. Remove the rear join collar ( a little pipe that goes through the bottom of the bolt hole on the shifter) and thats where the bushings go. then you lubercate them. I had to pund mine out of my stock shifter, i never put it in my other short throw. After that you put everything back together.

pdiggitydogg there is no heat shield by my shifter, well actuall there is but its around the pipe rather than a big sheet of metal bolted to it. I never had a problem with vibrating, how ever my car is a 94. So sohc_vtec 2NR you may want to head his advice since you have the same car as him. You won't have any problems doing it.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote