View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 01:18 AM   #23
nonovurbizniz

Just for your information GT here is a motortrend write up on the GT2...

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0205_porsche/

And here's what we really care about...

Quote:
We had anticipated sub-4-sec runs to 60 mph, and in-house drag racer John Kiewicz found a 3.77 in there, as long as he launched just right. (Predictably, the line between bogging and spinning is especially fine.) Grabbing gears like a crazy man, Kiwi cleared the quarter mile in 12.09 sec at 119.9 mph. You won't find any faster real-car numbers in our "Road Test Review" listings.

Having said this... Driving a porsche is HARD... their clutches are VERY finicky and as mentioned the line between bogging and ROASTING the tires is very fine... and especially considering it's a 200k+ dollar car most people lean on the lighter side of the pedal... also keep in mind it's RWD TT... I'd imagine that guy has about as much business sitting behind the wheel of that thing as I do driving a School bus.

Also if I remember correctly your 1/4mi. times are better than the GT2 with a VERY PROFESSIONAL driver behind the wheel could do... quite a bit if I remember correctly... don't you run 10's or 11's?

Nice kill... that's the whole point of having a car like yours... make some dick who thought he could go out and spend enough money to buy 2 houses so he could "own the road", realize that he don't own sh!t.