View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 01:50 AM   #4
AzCivic

Re: i need a new clutch and stuff HELp please!

Quote:
Originally posted by tim haas
Hey all, im going to get a clutch installed in mycivic, but what all should i do at the time i get the clutch installed? And also, how are the exedy clutches? I'm pretty rough on my clutch and i need a good one. ALso i think ima do the timing belt too cuz i have a 97 civic w/ 115k on it and it has original belt in it. What else should i have done? Flywheel? and also whats he bearing called that is right on the fork part when you push the clutch down b4 u shift? is that the release bearing? Thanks a lot for putting up w/ my newbiness. Thanks

Get a lightened flywheel! Exedy clutches are very good, theyre Honda OEM, you have to ask yourself though "Am i going to leave my car mostly stock with just boltons or am i going to run forced induction later on?".If your going to keep things about stock(just boltons then a OEM clutch will be fine, if you chose the latter then get an upgraded clutch.

Your OVERDUE on changing your timing belt, DO IT NOW! while thats being done also replace the water pump and any other worn out belts.

the bearing is called the throw out bearing, Replace it.

Last edited by AzCivic : 05-02-2003 at 01:59 AM.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote