View Single Post
Old 09-17-2001, 06:08 PM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

H22 is an excellent choice. The engine will be expensive, but should give you around 170 hp to the wheels. A friend of mine out here has a JDM H22 in his stripped out EG, and he outruns Vettes. With I/H/E, cams, valvetrain, and tuning, you should be able to hit 200 hp without too much trouble. Disadvantages- D16Z axles will snap under the H22's torque load from a standstill. Also, in a car that small, the weight difference and slightly higher center of gravity will be much more apparent- expect some body roll and sluggish handling.

You could also go B18C. The engine will be cheaper, but you also get some other advantages: The swap will be easier and parts are easier to find. In order to get a B18C to 200 hp, you'll need the following: I/E, JDM style 4-1 header, Endyn 11.0:1 Pistons, Jun or Toda cams and valvetrain, A/F and VTEC management. I think you could probably hit 200 hp without having to raise your redline. For just a little more work, you could probably hit 220 with just a blockguard, Endyn Rods, and a raised redline (9500 or so).
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote