View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 03:51 PM   #6
4jacks

WheelMax.com

Do NOT purchase from them

::

Ok, So I posted up here the wheels I ordered (Wheels Forum

Ordered them thursday (4/3/02), got a decent price, said they be here early next week

1) they didn't ship them till the following tuesday, thier only service employee, Anya lied to me and said they shipped monday, they arrived friday (4/12/02)

2) they sold me 18" chrome wheels... while checking out my wheel companies home page.. they are not CHROME they are something new Called HMC silver or High Metallic Coating, basicly they are a High grade of Painted wheel and it looks just like chrome. But thier cheaper lighter wieght, and you run the risk of scratching them. I spent 20 mins or more disscussing them with Golden Apple my wheel company... So OK .. I'll try them... but thier still not what I paid for and Not what was Advertised.

I found out the chrome part the day after thier ordered, and I call back and talk to the Owner Jeff of Wheelmax... He swears up and down that they are chrome, but offers a refund. At this point I told EVERYONE I had 18" chrome on its way ! So I had to have them, He said he would take them back if I was Unhappy, but I would lose $90 shipping.

***PLEASE NOTE*** I will never ever ever AGAIN admit that I do not have CHROME wheels, No one can tell, so from now on, the only ones who know, are you and my Wife. All my freinds think I have Chrome Wheels, And I'll lie on any other post and say I have Chrome Wheels.

3) they come in..... 2 of my wifes wheels the white ones ... THE CHEAP ARSE balancing fell off !!!! It was the sticky kind... I had to take those two to Pep boys and have them balanced for $20... Wheel Max gave me a $10 credit for that

4) One of my "Chrome" wheels if F*cked up ... It looks like someone lied it on it's side and ran a Mack truck on it. It has 4 small nicks on the part of the wheel that sticks the most out.
I simply CAN'T put that on my Car.

5) The F*'ing back of the wheel isn't even Coated with that HMC Silver crap... So anybody who know anything about a wheel should know that thier not chrome Dipped !!!

6) they told me I was Getting TOYO tires ... I got FALKEN ?!?!!??

7) Two of the Balancing on my Wife's white rims Fell off, and I had to take them to Pepboys for $20.

They wouldn't even take the wheel back and send me a new one. I had to call UPS and have them pick it up.. and UPS has to file a Claim .. and If UPS accepts the claim then they will send me a New wheel.

I am just Friggin PISSSED .. I have three nice wheels sitting in my Living room doing NOTHING !! WTF !!! I'm going have to wait probably a MONTH to get the Fourth wheel to put on my Car... HOW GHETTO IS THAT !?!?!?

When you have a problem at wheelmax, you don't call the sales company, they have a seperate line, for one gurl who handles everything that is not a SALE. Anya.... Her line is busy from 10 am until 2 pm (Lunch Break) and from 2:30 until she leaves. I would litterally sit on the phone hitting redail for an hour at a time and not get through. Several times I called the Sales line and asked a Sales Person to leave Anya a message to Call me. I left her a totally of 7-8 of these Messages. She returned 2 of them.

On the Day, that I found out that UPS had denied my claim. I spents 4 hours trying to get a hold of Anya. At 1pm I left a message with a sales rep to call me. At 1:30 I did the same, At 2 she went to lunch with out calling me. I left another message to call me right away. At this point i'm yelling at every sales rep I can speak to.. At 2:30 her line is back busy and I leave yet ANOTHER message to call me back. At 3:15 Her line rings and a guy answers the phone and tells me she is in a Meeting. I FLIPPED. I starting yelling the F word everywhere, He hangs up on me. I called back, he asks if I'm calm now, I tell him no and proceed to tell him to go knock on the door of the meeting and get her. I told him this for 30 minutes NO luck... At 3:45 I yelled at him to put the biggest F-ing sign he could find saying that If i did not receive a call back in 30 minutes I was calling the Better Business Berua and I was Sending Both sets of Wheels Back and wanted all my F'ing money. At 4:15 I reach for the phone and as I'm picking it up , it rings. It's Anya .... she tells me some BS story about how the meeting was about my issue and how they were going to be soo nice as too send me a new wheel. I told her to make sure it shipped out tommorow (4/26/02), make sure the tire was the correct direction, and to go to the shipping room and write with big red marker on my package the words "DO NOT LAY FLAT", I also told her to Call me tommorow and leave the UPS tracking number on my answering Machine. Well she not leave the tracking number on my machine. Once again her line is forever busy and I leave serveral messages for her to call me with the tracking number. NOTHING. Ups tries to deliver it Tuesday, I don't get home to find the notice until late, saying they'll try again wensday, well I have to work that day too, so I miss it, but It was early enough for me to go to the neighbors house and ask them to receive it. So it's Thursday, today and I get me wheel.. Thier is no "do not lay flat" on the box. as I suspected, but they were kind enough to put a peice of cardboard in with it. And the wheel made it to me without any damage.

And alas, my struggle is over. and I feel so relieved that I never have to talk to those people again. But I also feel robbed, robbed of my time, my money, my patience, and my faith in customer service.

And exactly Four WEEKS from the date I ordered my wheels, I put them on my car !

4jacks@gmail.com

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote