View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 09:45 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
The lower tie bar increases the strength of the subframe, and is manditory with sway bars over 19mm in thickness, primarily in Hondas, where the subframe, specifically the rear, is notorious for pull aways and tears. Most manufacturors are designing their sway bars to come with the complemented Lower tie bar, mainly, because, in Neuspeeds case, the sway bars were tearing the subframe from the welds. These cases caused companies like Neupeed to look at their products, and redesign them (brackets, assemblies etc) to work better with the stock frame. What the end user gets is something that Honda did not intend, a , more rigid frame, more suitable for fine tuning their already great suspension. The tie bar is not a modification that is really felt. It is yet another small piece in the suspension tuning process. Alone a tie bar is not really going to do anything, IMO, except maybe stabilize the pick up points, at higher speed manuvers, will you notice it, I'd say not. But when combined with the sway bars, they work wonderfully together, especially when mated to an adjustable shock spring combo that has been corner weighted.

Actually i have a rear lower tiebar. that's the only bar left on my car besides stock. i really don't have a sway bar since my car is an LX but i notice a difference in the way the car corners. Steering is much more responsive and i can make better turns. That is the only mod that i done to my car so far. Still riding on 14" rims with a 70 profile, and it isn't lowered. All i can say the tiebvar makes a huge differnce for me.

About the strutbar i think they are crap. I had them on and took them off. i'll put them again after i get a new suspension setup and see the difference.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote