View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 01:11 AM   #10
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
oh yeah
whoops
ok my friend works in a tire shop....and the guys at american racing/motegi/ told him to tell me not to put 17" on my car. They said that NO way will they fit....and even if they do fit...no way will I be able to turn or anything. I was trying to ask if 17's can fit on a sol and how bad they are on it with turning and lowering and blah blah blah...

I see 17s all the time on sols. I have even seen quite a few 18s, but that is OT. I have every intention of slamming my sol once I get some body work done, so I have been doing some homework. Still have a lot to find out, though. Basically, what I have found out so far is that going over a 4" drop on 17s is bad for lots of suspension parts. Air bag suspension would allow for a good slam job, but you have to be careful about which system you get. Lots of people I know with them took them off their cars because they were expensive to maintain. Plus, they are expensive to begin with.

Right now I am looking into coilovers for a 3" drop and I am still trying to find lowered shocks (which you will need if you drop your ride). Tokico sells a nice adjustable package I am looking into. I will keep you updated with what I find out. Nothing short of perfection on my sol.