View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
f22b1

i need help with hks turbo timer

I was at school to buy some books, came back, tried to start my car,which has an hks turbo timer hard wired,and the car would not start up. What i saw scared me because smoke started coming off the turbo timer or on top of my steering console where the turbo timer is located, so i immediately switch the ingnition off and took the key out. The car is now at my community college just sitting because i could not get it to start up at all.

Could someone pls tell me what i should be looking for in order for my car to start back up again. I would really appreciate this. The car has a new battery, 1 week old.

What should i be looking for to fix my problem. The dash lights do not come on when the ignition is switched to the on position. it wont even crank over. last time it died on me it was a burnt fuse which fixed the problem, i dont know now with the smoking of the turbo timer or something burning in the steering console where my turbo timer is located. where can i check for a possible short?

If possible i just want to take off the turbo timer if this will help my car start up again.

97 honda ex coupe, t3 t4 turbo, sfp turbo manifold, fmu, hks turbo timer, missing link, autometer air fuel gauge