View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

How much money are you willing to spend on an initial major power adder? That's the question you need to ask yourself first. If it was me, I would get a hybrid K-series dropped in. Depending on a set up, an RSX typeS head on top of an Accord block is an instant over 200whp...... easily. Or if you get lucky, get a typeS or TypeR (DC5) motor.

Turbos are great. There are a few issues to tackle with turbod 7th gen civics (D17). The fuel system is a "dead head" concept. No return lines. The ignition is completely different from the previous D or B series. A new generation of OBD2 ECU is created. Although these changes are not necessarily bad concepts, it just gives turbo tuners out there a hard time when it comes to tuning..... which is the very key to any great turbo set-up.

Look into it tho and decide for yourself. Maxrev and a few others has a turbo kit for your car.

If you want power and want to be fast, a simple bolt on like intake/header/exhaust will not give noticeable power gains.

If you want instant power, then consider nitrous. Other than that, be ready to drop some $$$$.

Goodluck

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote