View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 02:37 PM   #25
ford50forlife
4th Gear

EDITED BY MATRIX: BE NICE.

Quote:
bout time we get some recognition.. I am sick of some people on these boards who laugh at the 1st gen turbo 6s/probes.. they just narrow minded people who think Mustangs or Honda are god..

its not because i have a mustang, my mom has owned 3 probes 1st and 2nd gens, yes they are dogs stock so i also speak from experience.

even a geo modded with a t-03 hybrid on a 1.8dohc storm motor can go 11's and ive seen it, but stock they suck penis.

oh and just to be an asshole to get a fe3 motor swap is easy, huh so you like the idea of going through 15+hours of labor for those numbers?

so by the time you take the battery post off, jack the car up, and dissconnect the airinduction system and shifter linkage and fan, i will have installed a k+n ram air induction system and be well into my way jacking up the rear and draining the gear oil and taking the c clips out to take the axles out to get the gears in.

Then you gotta disconnect the clutch cable and disconnect the tranny from the motor and be hard at work disconnecting throttle linkage from the throttle body and sensors galor, and working at getting every bit of the wiring harness out so you can clear the way, not to mention drain coolant a bit from the radiator so when you disconnect the coolant line to the motor you wont have a huge mess.

by that time ive already checked backlash on the 4.10 gears and tightened everything up and am installing the diff cover back on and filling the rear with gear oil.

then whilst you start disconnecting the exhaust on that turbo mess, i will have installed shorty headers on the car, and be hard at work putting the h-pipe on.

Then you can go on and take the motor mount bolts off once you found a place to lift motor from, carefully do just that (making sure you didnt forget something) like the ACCESSORIES but sometimes you can get away with lifting the motor with them on, by the time you swap the accessories and sensors to your new motor, i will finished up the exhaust system and my 12 second car and will have put the mickey thompson 28x10's on the back wheels.

while you have to REVERSE The whole process to get INTO high 13's with a good driver.

BUT then again you could be a b*tch and pay someone to do it for you.

no im not ignorant but i find it funny when someone who doesnt know me comes out and tells me how easy it is to get a whopping 170whp.

in all fairness i havent broke 12's yet but then again i didnt have everything i stated up there, and i dont sugarcoat my runs, i drive 100 miles to the track and onto the staging lanes. but for street tires with NO positraction, and no powershifting, and no track sugarcoating, and a more restrictive setup (too big throttle body, to big intake manifold, and 24 lb injectors hurt the motor) im happy with my subpar 105mph trap speeds with 500 dollars in aftermarket parts..

and btw just so you know a little about the competition (not that its something to worry about)

bob cosby's mustang page go to chronoligy

he and many others have done 14 flat stock and 12's with boltons although i cant produce similiar numbers cause i have tuning issues.

yes ive seen the fe3 motor pulls some wicked numbers but im just turned off because i got to swap the motor to get there, now i wouldnt mind putting that in a fiesta somehow but......

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 03-04-2003 at 02:54 PM.