View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
well, he expressed an unpopular opinion, and one that the company didn't agree with. look at howard stern, same basic thing. yes you want to hear controversy, but believe me this guy knows he shouldn't have said anything that can be perceived as racist. thats godda be lesson 1 in being a radio personality

You know though.. Opie and Anthony said it best.. When you're a talk show radio host like them and Imus you don't have a script, you say whatever comes to your mind. Unfortunately there are a lot of times you think back on what you said later and think WTH was I thinking? Unfortunately, in Imus' case it came back to bite him in the ass. These guys get paid to entertain, talk, whatever unfortunately you get caught up in the moment, and a joke goes sour. Yes, I feel what Imus said was distasteful and probably not the best choice of words, but thats his job.

There is a book of FCC codes that he has to follow did he break any FCC rules with what he said. Or was it just "pressure from Sharpton and the minority public" that led to his termination?

I took a poll this morning about this. 91% of the voters said that CBS overreacted. 95% said he should that Sharpton has no credibility. There you have it. CBS acted upon the minorities opinion, and chose to fire Imus. I personally feel an apology should have been plenty. Worse case, a fine.