View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree Chris.. The whole thing was more sexist then it was racist. Unfortunately the African-American "leaders" like Sharpton and Jackson flipped it around and made it a racial issue. Ignoring the fact that there ARE white women on the Rutgers team.

Which leads me to my next point. Where do we draw the line and why is it okay for one race to act one way, but not okay for all? Listen to black radio for a while. Some of the racist jokes or whatever are a million times worse then what Imus said, but the white community never bats an eyelash. Then you have things like the Imus incident.. Members of the black community start rallying for a white man to lose his job. I don't get it. Where is the "equality" there. I think we as a society should hold everyone accountable for their actions regardless of race, gender, or even politcal stature.

That leads me to my next point. Whatever happened to the 1st Amendment? Everyday it seems to lose it's credibility. I understand that being in the media business that some things aren't politically correct, but should that cause who makes a living doing radio entertainment to be cast out because of stupid drivel like this? Especially on a show that is for the most part a comic, goofing style atmosphere? I personally think it's BS. If they listeners don't like what he has to say, then they shouldn't listen. If they don't listen, his ratings will drop and his services will no longer be. No one would be to blame but himself.