View Single Post
Old 09-26-2002, 03:51 PM   #2
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Interesting. Personally, I'm curious how you're going to get it to spin fast enough to create 4.5 psi, electronically, and how you're going to install it without creating any parasitic effects in flow. Just switching it off or bypassing it will not be enough- anytime you place something in the intake tube or reroute it, you parasitically affect the flow. Finally, once it is time to make use of this device, how would you reroute or turn the system on without drastically and negatively affecting the flow at that time? I've got other questions, but those are my most pressing. It should be interesting.

To answer your question, though, I'd personally be very interested, if the price was right- no more than $1000. However, a 35% power through half of the rev range won't appeal to most people- the drag racing world and the auto cross world are both most concerned with top end power, the kind you get from a turbo or good cams. A 35% increase from 1-4.5K won't make any significant increases in an ET when we spend most of our time above 5K.

Regardless, I'm moving this thread to the high performance forum.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote