View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 04:43 PM   #12
mellojoe

I don't think the market will really be there. These types of items are going to sell to enthusiasts. Very few "grandmothers" out there would bother with anything of the sort. My roomate never lifts the hood of her car. She adds gas and takes it to a shop for every oil change. She would never buy one. The majority of car owners out there are of this type.

So, this product will sell to those who want to add power to their car. A similar costing supercharger seems as though it will add much more power and add it longer than the one you propose.

So, now the market is mainly for someone with a turbo-charged car who wants to eliminate turbo-lag. That is a very small market. And it gets even smaller if you consider the amount of vehicles on the road that actually use turbo's large enough to create drastic enough lag to warrant spending an additional $1,000.

I think the idea is very noble. Its practially "free" power. There is energy just sitting there most of the time, so why don't we use it. Its a very noble idea. But, I just don't think it is very practical.