View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 12:46 AM   #36
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

or get the crower stroker kit, and bring that upto a 2.6. get some more tq.

but the b16a1 will be a very very nice mod in a civic, altho i belive they have a mounting kit with power steering and ac for the h22. not sure but might wana check into it. nothing like a 200hp stock engine and the h22's seem to be a little cheaper than b serise. get a jdm h22 with the lsd tranny. wow, u wont know what hit you. some how get the jdm traction control also. dumping at 4500 np would be nice.

I'm vehemently opposed to stroking engines. Stroking an engine is a bad idea. It drastically lowers the rod ratio by increasing the stroke and shortening the rod at the same time. Good way to plow through a cylinder wall or break a connecting rod in half. AEBS does it, but that's in a full on drag car with more money in it than I make in a year. The only time I would ever stroke an engine would be with added deck height. That way I could increase stroke AND rod length in order to preserve good engine geometry.

We're not talking about any ole B16A here- we're talking about an 1891 cc B16A. And not into a Civic, but a DA Integra. If you can find me the kit that retains power steering and A/C, let me know- I'm very interested. An LSD tranny won't prevent wheel spin in this swap, especially at 4500 RPM. My friend with the JDM H22 in his EG spins if he lets the clutch out at more than about 3K (He also has an ACT 6 puck, and chirps it into 5th). As for the price, I'm the only one I know who can get a JDM H22 for the same price as a B18C.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote