View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Building a Bobber..

This is what I've been up to.. I've been drooling over an old skool bike for a while. It's a 1978 Yamaha XS650. I ran across this little beauty for $100 from a guy on one of the motorcycle forums I frequent. It doesn't have a title, and doesn't run at the moment. The owner before the guy I bought it from pulled out the wiring harness so all of the electrical pieces are sitting in a box. I'm going to weld in a hardtail section. I already bought a '68 Sportster tank from someone I work with. Hopefully this this is going to be the shit when get it finish (which won't be anytime soon I'm sure.) I picked up a '82 titled frame for it on Sunday..

There were some ghetto home made hardtail struts in the box. This removes that stock shocks and lowers the rear of the bike. This is just temporary until I get hardtail section welded onto the new frame. I also installed a set of dirtbike bars I had laying around the garage. I'm going to get a new pair that won't hang down quite as low for the final assembly.

Here it is with the sportster tank.

btw, the schwinn seat is temporary. I ordered a bunch more parts for it Tuesday. Just waiting for them to come in.