View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
JDMFantasy2k

i'll only say it once....

DON'T USE A FUCKING FMU

they suck so bad it's not even funny, possibly the worst choice for fuel managemnt you could have.

If you have to, you can run a vafc hack like everyone else, however for the same money, you can run a chipped ecu with crome or uberdata, now let me explain what all this means.

First of all you NEED injectors. DSM 450's (blue tops) work quite nice, and can be had for cheap money. Now there are 2 types of injectors, saturated, and peak and hold. The difference is in the impedance (one is high, the other low). I'm not sure which ones you need because i always forget. However You'll more than likely need a resistor box to run them because they're a difference impedance from honda ones. Otherwise they should drop in with small modifications to the seals. Any other injectors made for a honda will work too as long as they're in the 450cc range

Now to controll the injectors you can use a vafc which is a fuel controller. This is nice if you don't have someone who can tune an ecu for you. Basically you trick the ecu into adding more fuel. It's not the best way to run it, but it's better than an FMU in my opinion, and i believe Arnel ran a vafc for over 3 years.

The best management for the money is a chipped ecu. Seeing you have an accord i'm not exactly sure which ecu you'd need, but most people with civics run P28's (92-95 civic ex) and you can solder in a socket so you can program different chips and remove them. Then you need to download a program like crome (my fav) or uberdata, which are both like hondata. Then you need a chip burner, to burn the program onto the chip, and it's the same as running a factory turbo'd car basically.

usually you can get into a chipped ecu for 100 bucks, and find a friend to tune, some people will also do it over the net, they'll send you a base map, you tell them what to change and then they'll send you another.

actually, i think i'm gonna do a write up on homemade turbo kits tonight if i get some motivation, but i'll answer some more later