View Single Post
Old 10-14-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
maxpsi

HELP!! my 1st Honda

I am in the process of buying a 2001 civic lx 4door manual tranny. i have a full body kit from VISracing called the invader type 6. it comes with front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper. I am also looking at either these nice looking alloy wheels i can get from the factory at honda or just getting some aftermarket wheels and tires. I was looking at 16" but i dont know if they would look good. Im not sure if i need 17" but if they would look better then that is what i want. I have also looked with few results for that perfect muffler. i was also wondering if i would have to lower my car to make it look good with that body kit or would it b fine stock. the only prob i have with messin with the suspension is that "pogo" effect from compressing the struts and springs. is there some kind of full suspension kit to adjust the camber and not totally ruin the suspension. I do have a 2001 so i dont know what will void the warranty. as u can see i am going for that cool exterior look for now.
These are my question to u as follows:
1. where did u get your body kit painted assuming it was primer grey when u got it like mine will b?
2. how hard was it to install?
3. could i get 16" and still have it look good with my body kit and all my mods?
4. i need the baddest sounding muffler? (some variety)
5. If i do need to lower my car to make it look decent with my body kit and wheels, what is the correct way to do it?
6. and if not to much of a hassle could u give me some roundabout prices on these mods?

Visracing body kit: 650 kit, 160 shipping, painting ?, spoiler ? (like the one on the Supra on the Fast and the Furious)